In-chair teeth whitening
Need immediate results? We offer a chairside, professional bleaching service to give you the results you need in about an hour. Our in-chair whitening product is a safe way to improve discoloration up to seven shades whiter in a single visit.
Professional take-home trays
We offer Opalescence Go for those who would like to minimize their time at the dental office and brighten their smile at their own pace. With custom trays and professional bleaching solutions, we instruct you how to manage teeth whitening safely from the comfort of your home.
Is teeth whitening for me?
Depending on the current state of your oral health, desired goals, and budget, it’s important to schedule a consultation with us to discuss if professional teeth whitening is for you.
5 questions about teeth whitening to ask your dentist: Get the conversation started!
1. Is teeth whitening worth the cost?
2. Is teeth whitening safe?
3. Would natural or over-the-counter bleaching options work for me?
4. Will bleaching make my teeth sensitive?
5. How long do results last?
What is Invisalign® used for?
Having your best smile includes the best function, aesthetics, and placement. Invisalign treats minor to moderate malocclusion problems by gently repositioning your teeth using a series of clear aligners.
How does Invisalign® work?
Treatment begins with a consultation with your Invisalign-trained dentist. An evaluation of your dental problems will help us determine if you qualify for treatment.
A customized digital treatment plan will show you each step of your smile transformation. Approve the plan and get ready for your best smile!
- Attend all scheduled follow-up visits
- Dedicate yourself to wearing the aligners 22 hours each day
- Maintain your daily oral hygiene routine for your mouth and aligners
- Change your aligners every 1 to 2 weeks as directed by your dentist
- Enjoy watching the transformation of your smile without dietary restrictions!
What are the pros and cons of Invisalign®?
Our patients overwhelmingly applaud the many benefits of clear aligners!
- Aligners are made from smooth, flexible plastic, nothing to cut or irritate your mouth
- Virtually invisible to match any outfit, for any occasion
- Convenient removal for a special occasion
- No diet restrictions as you remove aligners for meals
- Easy to maintain your daily hygiene routine
- Fewer visits to the dentist as appointments monitor the transition rather than adjustments
- May help with weight loss goals by minimizing snacking throughout the day
- Aligners can double as custom teeth whitening trays. Talk to us about your smile goals!
What are some cons to clear aligners?
We like to consider these as treatment concerns since we need full-patient cooperation for successful results.
- Maintain compliance with wearing the aligners for 22 hours per day
- Keep track of removed aligners for speedy replacement after eating or brushing
- Keep the aligners clean of debris and bacteria
- Understand that some malocclusion cases do not qualify for Invisalign
- Choose to wear aligners over snacking habits
What is a CEREC crown?
The acronym stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.
What does that mean to patients? Take the technological lingo away, and patients are left with:
- A high quality, long-lasting dental restoration.
- A same-day crown that eliminates the need for a second visit
- A block of ceramic or resin material that is color-matched to your neighboring teeth
- CEREC crowns resolve the same dental concerns as traditional crowns.
Will CEREC crowns look natural?
Not only are CEREC crowns strong restorations to improve the quality of your bite, but they are color-matched to blend in with your smile!
Have more questions about CEREC?
It’s always best to make the most informed decisions about your oral health. If you are looking for a dentist with a CEREC machine or just want to know more about getting a crown, have a list of questions ready to go!
7 suggested questions you may want to ask your dentist about CEREC crowns
- Do I qualify for a same day crown?
- Are there any risks?
- How much is a CEREC crown?
- Do my dental benefits cover all or a portion of the procedure?
- Do you have before and after photos of CEREC crowns for me to see?
- How long is the same day appointment?
- How long will my crown last?
Exploring Lumineers® and Porcelain Veneers
When teeth whitening doesn’t fit the bill, or there are several front teeth that might need a cap or restructuring, Lumineers and porcelain veneers may just cover it!
The one-size-fits-all approach to any scenario will usually leave someone left out in the end. In the dental world, there are many solutions to perfect the function and beauty of your smile. A good dentist will discuss all available options and suggest approaches that offer the best results for your situation.
Why choose a veneer solution?
Porcelain veneers and Lumineers are great cosmetic solutions for patients looking to improve their smile. These cosmetic options can hide:
- Deep stains
- Uneven teeth
- Unwanted gaps
- Minor misalignments
During your consultation, we will talk about the differences and what they mean to your oral health as well as take a look at some before and after photos for each.
We will also discuss these 5 important factors when considering Lumineers and porcelain veneers
- How does applying Lumineers differ from porcelain veneers?
- How long does each process take?
- How long will they last?
- Are porcelain veneers or Lumineers more expensive?
- Will my insurance help with the cost of veneers?
Do cosmetic services include gum treatment?
All cosmetic dental services need a healthy foundation for best results. This includes the soft tissue surrounding your teeth. If you have any instances of gum disease, we will perform a deep cleaning to restore both health and beauty to your mouth.
After all, a great smile spotlights healthy teeth and gums!
Explore our Cosmetic Services!
If you are interested in cosmetic services and would like to know more about your options, Westwood Village Dental welcomes you to explore our site more or give us a call and schedule a consultation. We look forward to working with you!